We are happy to be back in the office for your dental needs and hope this information finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to the safety and well-being of our patients and staff. At Sunnyside Dentistry for Children, we request that all patient's and staff follow our updated protocols and procedures to ensure the safety and health of those around us. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice aand will continue to practice our high level of infection control processes as you receive care. We want your return experience to be both safe and comfortable.
When you arrive at our office you will see some changes. We have made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
- Upon arrival, we encourage you and your family to remain in the car and call/text us at 503-855-5100 for instructions prior to entering the practice.
- Once you enter the practice we ask that you go straight to the front desk for a pre-screen and a temperature check. Although you may have been asked some pre-screening questions when you make your appointment or upon confirmation, you will still be asked the screening questions and will receive a temperature check.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed. All patients and staff will be required to wear a mask or cloth facial covering as they enter the building.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect. Our video games will still be available but we ask that you limit use to 1 individual at a time and please advise our staff of use so we may disinfect between players. We will have a limited number of children's books and will offer a safe place to drop the used books for disinfecting.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing and maintain guidelines in accordance with the Oregon Health Authority, Centers for Disease Control, American Dental Association and Oregon Dental Association's recommendations. This may mean that your appointment day and/or time that was scheduled in advance may need to be adjusted. Please confirm your appointment with one of our staff via text, email or a phone call. Please do not assume your appointment time is still available.
- We will be adding time to all appointments to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We also ask that you please limit the number of family members who will accompany you to the office.
During this time, we ask for your patience and understanding, as protocols and guidelines may change in the future. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe in our practice.
To make an appointment, please call or text us at 503-855-5100 or e-mail us. Please be advised we have a limited number of staff in place and text or email may be the fastest way to receive communication.
Everyone here at Sunnyside Dentistry for Children would like to thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.