- The composite filling material contains only acrylic resin and glass particles, no mercury.
- The tooth colored filling material looks very nice and natural.
- Composite fillings are already hard when you leave the dental office, therefore, you can chew on them whenever you like.
- Composite fillings don’t corrode or expand over time like amalgam.
- Less tooth structure is lost because the dentist can make a smaller preparation.
- The composite filling material is more expensive.
- This type of filling usually takes the dentist a little longer to do.
- These fillings do not get whiter if you bleach your teeth.
- Insurance companies will not always pay for composite fillings on back teeth.
Dr Doyle prefers composite fillings because tooth structure can be saved, which means less drilling and less chance for fracturing in the future. There is no waiting to eat, no mercury, and they look great!