Posts for: February, 2012
Quick Tips That Help Make Brushing and Flossing Fun and Easy
- Brush your teeth together, taking turns brushing each others teeth
- Use one of the familiar cartoon character brushes
- Sing the theme song from your child's favorite cartoon or a nursery rhyme, while you brush their teeth
- Use toothpaste and mouth rinse that have pleasant flavors for sensitive taste buds
- Use syllables like “ahhhh” or “eeeeeee” to help your child open their mouth or move their lips away from their teeth while brushing.
A Life-Long Commitment
When you teach a child something new at a young age, he will learn the task and continue it well into adulthood. Brushing and flossing has never been more important. Bring your child in to see Dr. Doyle as early as one year old or when you see eight teeth. We recommend children have dental check-up appointments once every six months.